Coronavirus Update – Return to Restricted Play – Message from our Welfare Officer
The Management team are happy to announce that Perran Tennis will be re-opening on Wednesday 2nd December 2020 on a restricted basis.
The playing of tennis is strictly subject to both L.T.A. and Government guidance plus specific measures determined by the Management team for members’ safety and to help avoid the risk of spreading the virus. All our current B.T.M. members have been sent the full L.T.A. guidelines by email. If you have not received this, please go to the L.T.A. website where you will find “Guidance for Players” in the Coronavirus section. All members must read this prior to returning to the Club.
- All existing memberships are extended to 31st May 2020.
- Members will have until 1st June to renew for the 2020/2021 season to enable them to continue playing. A separate message regarding membership fees will follow.
- From Saturday 16th May the hard courts will be available for Members use only.
- The gate entrance will be open, and courts will be unlocked at 0900hrs, with the padlock removed. At 2000hrs the courts will be locked up and the gate closed.
- The nets will be set to the correct height and must not be adjusted.
- Grass courts 4, 5 and 6 will be opened once we have finished preparing the surface which we hope can be achieved by 1st June. Again grass courts will be strictly members only until further notice.
- The Pavilion remains closed.
- The outside toilet will not be available so players should bring their own hand sanitizers.
- The First Aid box will be located in the large green floodlight box should you require it.
- All benches will be removed.
- Singles play only unless all 4 players are from the same household.
- Play for 30 minutes only if there are other members waiting to play.
- Bring the minimum equipment for play (racket, balls and water) and ensure that you take everything with you when you leave. Avoid bringing large bags and rucksacks.
- Bring your own balls and avoid handling the balls if playing singles with someone from a different household.
- Pass balls back to your opponent using your racket or by kicking the ball including returning a ball to a player on another court.
- Maintain social distancing at all times and do not go onto another court in use to retrieve a ball. If this is not adhered to we may have to close Court 8.
- To maximise the distance between players do not change ends.
- Do not shake hands or make any physical contact at the end of play.
- Leave the courts and club area as soon as you have finished to avoid gatherings.
- Maintain social distancing when waiting for a court and do not wait in groups. The approach to the hard courts will be line marked to assist with this.
I know you will all respect these new measures and understand why we are putting them in place. In the unlikely event of observing anyone breaching these instructions, please challenge and report them to any committee member. We will consider it a serious breach of membership rules and they may face immediate expulsion from the Club.
We will review these measures on a weekly basis and are ready to adjust in line with further Government and LTA advice.
Stay Alert – Stay Safe