Perran Tennis are in communication with the Lawn Tennis Association and other relevant organisations regarding the Coronavirus. We have been advised there is presently no reason people should stop doing sport and physical activities as they normally would. This applies to tennis, and so tennis activities in our Club can continue as normal. Should that position change, we will update our members at the earliest opportunity.
In line with the advice given by Public Health England, all those playing at and using Perran Tennis should try to avoid catching the virus and help prevent its spread.
With immediate effect the following measures will be put in place until further notice. For the avoidance of confusion or embarrassment these measures should be communicated to opponents and away Team Captains before start of play:
• Players should wash their hands before and after play
• Disposable paper towels will replace hand towels
• The usual tennis etiquette of shaking hands after matches is suspended until further notice.
• After games players should simply come to the net remain at least 6 feet apart and exchange the usual thanks
• Food will not be provided after team matches as the advice states that the virus can be spread through touching food
• Drinks will not be made in the pavilion. Players may bring their own drink for their personal use.
• Any member or guest who are feeling ill or who are experiencing symptoms indicative of Coronavirus must not attend the Club
• Stay at home and self-isolate for 7 days
• Contact the NHS 111 online Coronavirus service only if your symptoms get worse or do not improve after 7 days.
For more information and updates visit the NHS.UK website and the Public Health England blog.
Thanks for your support at this difficult time and please stay safe.
Dave Smith, Welfare Officer